If you are one of those people who are planning to look for a different place to start your trip, we tell you that resorting to an Us Travel South Africa can be a wonderful experience, if you make the right planning.
The different places in the world that connect us with nature are nowadays the most sought after. Pay close attention to each of the recommendations we will give you, including some given by the State Department.
Why travel to South Africa?
This country is located at the southernmost tip of the African continent, thanks to its privileged position, has different ecosystems coexisting within its own territory.
The vast majority of people who think of South Africa identify with its excellent beaches, as well as the Kruger National Park.
From the United States, many people are interested in traveling to this country. Since beyond languages such as Zulu, Afrikaan and Xhosa, English is established as the main language throughout the country.
How much does it cost to travel from the United States to Sout Africa?
It is a reality that beyond wanting to travel and see new places, it is necessary to have the right amount of money to make a trip to any country in the world. In this opportunity, we will talk about the prices in South Africa.
From South Africa they do a great business with their main tourist destinations. We are not going to deceive you, it is necessary to have a significant amount of money if you want to travel.
Here are some of the prices we have found:
- Cape Town. It is one of the most expensive cities you will find when traveling to South Africa. The cost per night is usually around 3,000 Zar. This is the equivalent of 166 dollars.
If you are interested in renting a complete apartment for two people for 5 nights, you will be able to negotiate it at a cost of $320 and you will have access to its kitchen among other amenities.
- Safari Lodges. They are among the most sought-after destinations in all of South Africa, but their luxury costs can run around £1,000 per night for accommodation. One of the most sought after is on the edge of the Kruger National Park.
- It is an attractive city for the number of inhabitants. You can ask for accommodation at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, where the cost is about $136 dollars per night.
Ideally, you should be able to choose a place where there are good beds, hot water, nice views and above all amenities that are attractive to you.
Places to visit if you travel from Us travel South Africa
We have already described in a general way the budgets that you can choose in terms of housing. In this opportunity, we are going to introduce you to some places you should visit if you are in South Africa:
Kruger National Park
It is undoubtedly the most sought after national park in all of South Africa, thanks to its large parks and nature reserves. It is considered the largest reserve in the country and is recommended by UNESCO.
Its extension is 20,720 square kilometers. It is said that there are at least 500 species of birds, 100 species of reptiles, 150 types of mammals and various archaeological sites.
2. Cape of Good Hope
Cape of Good Hope is considered one of the most impressive places in the world and it´s said to be one of the “edges of the world”. Its imposing sea and its geographical space are among the most attractive and diverse in the world.
3. Cape Town
It is the most developed city in the country. It has great architectural and cultural beauty, being one of the most visited cities by tourists. Among its main attractions are Table Mountain and the paradisiacal beaches of white sand.
Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate, which allows you to do different types of activities throughout the day without major problems.
4. Table Mountain
There you can find the flag of the city and other local insignia. It is considered one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. If you visit Cape Town, you must visit this rock formation that is at least 360 million years old.
5. Apartheid Museum
South Africa’s history carries considerable social and cultural weight. Since industrialization and democratization in 1994, the country has managed to equalize its labor and social conditions.
Apartheid is a reminder of the racial segregation that has existed in this country, and which is struggling to change.
Top 5 other places you can go
6. Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
With an extension of at least 528 hectares, the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden is one of the 8 botanical gardens in South Africa. In this park you can find 7,000 varieties of plants, even in the most arid areas.
7. Victoria and Alfred’s Bank
It´s one of the most attractive and fun areas that you can find in all of South Africa. It exists since 1860.
Many people like to go to these instances, because they can observe how the fishermen disembark the local product that the sea gives them. There are also those who come to Robben Island attracted by its special charm.
8. Robben Island Prison
It is located 12 kilometers off the coast of Cape Town on Robben Island. It was used from 1836 to 1931.
Nelson Mandela was imprisoned there during the Apartheid era. It has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and is now completely closed.
9. Tsitsikamma National Park
It is one of the most attractive places in South Africa and has a vegetation that extends through 80 square kilometers. This destination has an exuberant lagoon, beaches and different types of landscapes.
There is an area at the mouth of the Storm River, where people stay in stunning huts to feel a much more special connection to South Africa.
Stellenbosch is the capital of the Cape Winelands, one of the most culturally rich places in South Africa. There you will find from a university city, to places for wine production. Undoubtedly, one of the most attractive places in South Africa.
There are different places to visit if you wish to travel to South Africa. Of course, to use each one of these trips; you must that there is a wide offer as far as leisure activities are concerned and each one of them has a cost that can vary.
Surely there are destinations or places that you know and we don’t. This too you can’t say! Being such a big country, it has many attractions.
U.S. government warnings about South Africa
Although your trip should be a wonderful experience, it is common for the State Department or the U.S. Government to issue a series of warnings and recommendations about the countries you wish to visit.
Don’t just take the negative part that they will surely show you. Pay close attention to each one of them.
Here are some warnings:
From the United States, they claim that violent crime, armed robberies, car thefts and muggings are quite common. These crimes spawn in the central business districts and after dark.
- Constant alert for demonstrations. As a country that continues to struggle openly with different types of social problems, it is common for there to be violent events or unannounced transport and traffic stoppages.
- It is necessary that you comply with the Covid-19 passport and other vaccinations that will clinically protect you during your stay in South African territory.
- Avoid walking alone.
- Do not approach areas of informal settlements unless accompanied by someone local.
- Avoid showing amounts of cash.
- Use closed doors and windows when driving.
- Use a copy of your personal documents. Keep the originals in a much safer place.
- Use water responsibly and following the recommendations.
- Check the Cape Town and Nelson Mandela Bay websites for water levels, restrictions and how to get around the entity.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Program (STEP). This will allow you to receive alerts and location zones in case of an emergency.
- Carry extra money for a contingency plan in case it happens.
With so many restrictions and limitations, many might reconsider doing an Us Travel South Africa. Many people are interested in living a different experience in these countries.
Us Travel South Africa is one of the most sought after destinations in the world because of the geographical conditions and cultural diversity that exists in this country. I’m sure that now you also have the desire to venture to this country.